Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Stroke vs. Aneurism - LaMar Bolden, stroke survivor, knows that stroke is treatable and beatable

Vitamin B12 Deficiency - Do You Have These Symptoms?




Hey guys this is Heather from healthyeatingstartshere.com.
Today were going to talk about B12 deficiency,
which is topic that come us all the time in
vegan and vegetarian nutrition. So the deal
is that vegan and vegetarians can be really
healthy, but they aren’t necessarily healthy.
One of the things that often get in the way
is philosophy. So, for reasons like the environment,
like not wanting to eat our official foods,
not feeding into corporate interest or even
having an idea what man’s natural diet should
be. I get in the way increase my resistance
to taking supplements.
While I hear that and I agree a lot of those
things. I’m not a fan of supplements - I’m
a fan of whole foods and also a fan of really
super healthy vegans and vegetarians, because
what I want to do is show all of those skeptics
out there that plant foods really can be super
healthy.
And that’s one of the reason I put together
healthy eating challenge that you can check
out on my site, was to help you be super healthy
on a vegan vegetarian nerve plant base diet,
get more of vegetables and tear life. Show
you how super healthy it can be.
One of the things that vegans do absolutely
need supplements is B12. Vegetarians can be
deficient as well because they might get enough
from their diet, and even meat eaters can
be deficient in these vitamins. It’s not
just vegans who made this supplements with
this.
What I want to go over was the symptoms of
a deficiencies, so that you can be a little
look out for them and make sure that you don’t
get let it go too far, because this is one
that can be really serious. I’ve written
down the early symptoms because I don’t
want to miss any important.
Unusual fatigue which - you know, we all got
tired from time to time, but feeling completely
during of energy can be a sign of B12 deficiency.
Bad digestion is another one that you know
- it could go with anything pretty much of
some things not going on. But what you want
to look for is all of these symptoms can lumped
together if you start noticing them, then
you going to start to think about B12 deficiency.
Not having an appetite and feeling nauseous,
those are more specific and if there’s no
other reason like food poisoning or anything
like that you might suspect a B12 deficiency.
For women, loss of menstruation is big one,
if you notice that B12 deficiency is probably
is you’re first bet that and it’s not
having enough fat in your diet.
And tingling hands and feet is one that will
show you that you are on the verge from moving
to early deficiency to getting more serious,
because what happens if you let B12 deficiency
go on is it, it can have some permanent affects
on you’re nervous system.
And those tingles that you might feel in your
hands, is your nervous system having problems.
It can also cause some brain damage. For kids
this is super important because this is going
to affect them for the rest of there lives.
They might not be as up watching out for this
symptoms, so you need to be - other parent
conscious of what you’re child is eating
and whether they might be deficient in B12
or not.
If you’re breast feeding super important
to make sure your own B12 levels are up, because
that’s how you’re input is going to get
them from you. The only way to know for sure
if you’re deficient in B12 is to get a blood
test. But the standard blood tests are as
accurate or as efficient as one called MMA,
which stands for Metal Melodic Acid test.
So if you’re going to get you’re blood
tested by you’re doctor ask for the MMA
test on B12.
Be on a look out for those symptoms very-very
important, you can read more on my blog healthyeatingstartshere.com.
What I want to hear from you today whether
you’ve noticed any of these symptoms, or
if you’ve noticed any of you’re friends
with this symptoms, maybe someone you know
who went vegan and a couple years later starts
notice things like that.
The thing with B12 is that it stays stored
in your body and if you haven’t enough stored
up, it will last you for about two years,
so you might not see these things right away.
And if you have you’re blood tested, it’s
the other thing that I want to hear from you
guys about.
So let me know you’re feed back, love to
hear from you guys, I’m Heather, Healthyeatingstartshere.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMqsYA9QRY


STARs - Fatigue after stroke




can you tell us a little bit more about
your experience of tiredness and
having poor concentration how did that effect you?
tiredness has effected me very badly
very badly, I'd be talking to somebody
and just feel tired all of a sudden
and concentration just went straight out the window.
I couldn't make eye
contact with people at first
'cause that'd just tire me out
if I'm in a group of people and we're having a conversation
you know in a pub or somewhere like that, if two people are talking to me at the same time
I'll be switching from one to the other all the time trying to concentrate
and talk to the person who's talking to me
instead of just waffling around all' the place
wandering around all the place.
because I'm still coping with divided issues
memory, tiredness but probably from five years
ago
I have a much better way of practicing
that ...
of with coping with that, and I understand
why I get anxious
and why I get angry
the danger is, is that you take these coping strategies
and you apply them and some days they work
another day's they don't and what would
happen
is as I've mentioned earlier, if I do too
much in one day
I will get very tired and what the
consequences of that are
it affects my family
because I'll get more grumpy, and will
have
I'll be short and so forth but
everyone knows that's a consequence
but if dad gets too tired
dad's going to get more grumpy, but we
understand why that is, because of the
support we got from a
psychologist
so the fatigue you find that it
comes and goes and affects you the amount
you have to do
what you have to cope with
how your day goes or how your week goes
yeah, absolutely
[Interviewer:] and it goes up down still [Neil:] ... the fatigue thing is just the most
frustrating one I have to say because
you just
if you if you do too much you know the
consequences are the next day or the
following day
you're gonna struggle, you're just going to be far more tired
... I said that has effects on everybody
but that is just one of the
consequences now having a stroke
that I don't know if this is correct but
my brain is going at seventy percent
as it was
before, but if you try and do the same
things you did before
you're going to get tireder
I still occasionally
get days, which I'm
still absolutely convinced
it's about the medication that I'm on, there are still days when I waken up and feel
absolutely lousy, I've not slept well
I'm waking up in a sweat, I feel very
shaky
those are the days where
if I was having to do something
before
I probably wouldn't have done them
because I would have been so anxious
about something happening
and now
I probably would just work my way through things
by thinking 'look, if it happens it happens'
it's not ... and you know
it doesn't happen very often but when it does, it's useful just remind
myself about where I've been and what I've discussed
and what's happened
and that's such a positive thing, I mean I see that as a
really really positive thing, it's not
... an inadequacy on my part,
or failure on my part to turn around and say to someone
I'm feeling a bit shaky and I'm just having a bad day
and you know I just need a bit of help
with this and everybody responds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTbtIMxQDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment