Bridesmaid Makeup: Wedding Belles S01E4/8
Hi, guys welcome back to Wedding Belles. I
am Celebrity Makeup artist, Lilly Keys, and
I am going to be showing you how to recreate
the perfect bridesmaid makeup look today.
[Music]
Right, so I just prepped and primed the skin
and now we are going to start on the makeup.
On Lucy's skin we are going to use this Chanel
Lift Lumiere Foundation In number 20 and this
foundation brush from Mac. So I'm going to
put it on my hand first rather than get all
the colors on the brush. So I'll be putting
a little bit of color on the brush and starting
out in the middle of the face. You want to
get a really good coverage but not too heavy.
So the key is blend, blend, blend with foundation.
The great thing about this foundation is that
it is very illuminating and also provides
really good coverage for when you are photographed
at the wedding it is beautiful makeup for
a bridesmaid. When you apply the foundation
it is good to focus on the T zone of the face
and then blend outwards so you do no end up
with that heavy tideline.
So the next product I am going to use on Lucy
is concealer and I am going to use this Estee
Lauder Maximum Coverage Double Wear in Light
Medium. This is absolutely amazing concealer
and a little goes a long way. To apply concealer
I'm going to use the touch-up brush from Bobbi
Brown. So just apply the concealer anywhere
you can see any blemishes, usually around
the corners of the nose and any slight red-marks
you can see and just blend into the foundation.
It is too heavy to go under the eyes, so under
the eyes we are just going to put some under-eye
concealer which is much lighter.
So the next product I am going to use is under-eye
concealer and I am going to use this Brighten
by Topshop, it is really, really good. You
just click it like this to get it out. You
can put these on with your fingers as well;
I am going to put it on with my touch-up brush
from Bobbi Brown. If you start in the corner
of the eye and work down where the circle
is the darkest on most people and then you
can blend up towards the eye. Remember not
to put too much product.
Right, so the next product I am going to use
is powder to set the foundation. I am going
to be using this Bourjois mineral powder which
is really, really good. Mineral makeup is
great for your skin, it is radiant. So we
will be using some of this on Lucy's skin
to set the makeup. Again, don't go overboard
with powder because it could be ageing. So
I would just concentrate on the forehead,
around the nose, and on the chin.
OK guys so I'm going to start on the brows
next, I am going to use one of my favorite
products, it is from British makeup brand,
Ruby and Millie, now they used to stock in
booths but you can get them online now. The
thing that I love most about them is that
they have a wax-side on this side and a color
this side. Wax sets the brows and the color
fills them in. So I am just going to put a
little bit of wax on my brush, I am using
a small-angled brush from Bobbi Brown. I'm
really just using the color to fill in the
middle of the brows but it is always a good
idea to fill them in because brows really
do frame your face and they can make a huge
difference to how you look.
The next product I am going to be using is
mascara. One of the key things when going
to a wedding as a bride or a bridesmaid is
to use waterproof mascara, so I am going to
be using this, Rimmel Volume Flash Waterproof
mascara on Lucy today. Because we always cry
at weddings and we can never be too sure.
The one thing I would say about waterproof
mascara is that these days they really do
stay on so have good eye makeup remover otherwise
you will not be able to get them off of the
eyes. The reason I am doing mascara first
is when I do the eye-shadow on the lids, the
mascara on the lashes will help to catch any
loose product that might fall. I wiggle the
mascara brush into the roots of the lashes
and then fan them out you want it to look
really natural and not clumpy. Lucy has really
amazing, natural lashes though. So what I
usually use when I apply mascara is a disposable
mascara wand, which you can get from any good
makeup store or pharmacy. You can just throw
these away afterwards they are amazing, you
can also use them to brush your eyebrows as
well. What I do is I just brush them through
the lashes to make sure no clumps are there.
So I'm going to start on the eye-shadow next,
which is the really exciting part. I am going
to use my MAC palate which I made myself,
it is my neutral colors. I am going to be
using these three colors over here. I am also
going to be using this fluffy I eye-shadow
brush from MAC. So we are going to start with
the lightest color which is Omega and this
is going to be a wash over the lid. As you
can see it is a very neutral color but just
has a slight shadow in it. This color is a
really great color to work more color off
on to. It is a good general, neutral base
for the lids. So next I am going to go for
the stock brand color called Broom from MAC
and I am going to use my smaller angled eye-shadow
brush for MAC. So I got some product on my
brush and I am going to very gently push the
eye-shadow in to the lash line, along the
lash line as you can see. And what we are
going to do is gradiate the color from the
lash line up towards the brow. If you feel
like you put too much color on in the corner
of the eye which I have slightly, take your
trusty cotton bud and take a bit of that color
away. So what we are doing is going to be
concentrating on the outer socket of the eye,
you can always feel where your socket is by
your brow bone here. So you are going to be
taking the color just under the brow bone.
So the next color I am going to be using is
this darker color of here called Smut. It
has got quite purple undertones and it has
got a bit of a shimmer in it as well. So again
I am going to be using it against the lash
line, it is really just to darken the lash
line even more and create more of a contrast.
The thing with wedding makeup is that you
want to look natural and like yourself but
you also want enough makeup on that will come
through on your pictures. Next I am going
to be using my shimmer palate from my Bobbi
Brown palate, Maple Sugar Metallic Eye and
it is this one over here and we are going
to be using my regular eye-shadow brush from
MAC, really I am going to put this on the
center of the eyeball and that is just going
to give a bit of a shimmer pop, every time
you blink you are going to be seeing this
beautiful pop of shimmer.
Next I am going to be putting eyeliner on
Lucy's eyes and I am going to be using one
of my favorite brown colors, it is called
Costa Riche and it is from MAC and I am going
to be smudging it in with this brush from
Topshop. So I am going to be putting it under
the eyes like this, don't worry about being
too perfect because we are going to be smudging
that with our brush and also cotton buds.
This brush is really small eye-shadow smudging
brush, really gets in the lashes.
To give the eyes more definition I am going
to be using this liquid liner by L'Oreal called
Super Liner in black. I am going to do a very,
very thin line because this is not a flicky
look; it's really just to define the eyes.
Just rest the liner on top of the lashes and
just go into the roots. Next I am going to
be using the white eyeliner in the water-line
of the eye, I am going to be using this one
called Pure White from MAC. White liner in
the water-line really makes your eyes appear
whiter and bigger.
Next I am going to be doing Lucy's lips today,
we are going to be using a pale pink color
from my trusty Bobbi Brown palate. We are
going to be using this color here which is
Pale Pink #21 you can get this as an individual
lipstick from Bobbi Brown, I am going to be
using my lip brush from Sephora. I am not
going to apply lip-liner to this look because
it is really about the eyes not the lips and
we want the lips to be rosy colored, bitten
beautiful not a very harsh line. A lip-brush
is really good because you can distribute
the color better.
So now I am going to apply a little bit of
color to the center of the lips just to make
the lips pop and really make them look beautiful,
I am going to be using this product from Clinique
it is called Rose Bloom in 28. I am going
to be putting the product on my hand and applying
with my lip brush again. We are going to using
bronzer next, everyone's favorite, I am going
to using this amazing color from MAC called
Harmony which is matte and neutral and not
too much of a harsh color, I am going to be
using my blush up brush from Bobbi Brown.
So where I apply it is underneath the cheekbones,
concentrate most of the color at the edge
of the face and bring the color in under the
cheek bones almost like a C-shape.
Next we are going to be doing the blush I
am going to be using this blush called Pink
Swoon from MAC and I am also going to be using
another one from MAC called Earth to Earth
which is a mineralized shimmer blush which
I am going to be putting over the Pink Swoon.
So I hold both my blushes like this with my
Blush-up brush from MAC, I am going to be
swirling the color in my brush. It is always
good to smile to see where the apples of your
cheeks are and apply the color right in the
center because that is where you would usually
blush if you were naturally doing it. Now
with my mineral blush, which is a little more
shimmery so watch the color. This is really
beautiful in pictures, it brings out a shimmery
glow to your cheeks.
Every wedding makeup would not look the same
without a bit of highlighter. I am going to
be using a bit of this product from MAC it
is a pigment called vanilla and it is amazing
for highlighting the skin. Be really careful
when you open the top because it is really
shimmery. I am going to be using this fluffy
brush from MAC, when you get the product on
really be careful because it can go everywhere
so I always put a little bit on my hand first.
Where I am going to be applying the highlighter
is above the cheekbones, slightly up here
above the eyebrow, down the center of the
nose, and just above the lips.
Right guys, so here we have the finished product,
beautiful, glowing, bridesmaid look that I
have created for you guys today. If you guys
would like me to show you how to do a bridal
hair bun look next then give this video a
big thumbs up. I will see you guys next week
with more Wedding Bells. Thanks for watching,
bye.
Wedding Tips - Wear Comfortable Shoes
The tip that I have for the bride and mostly
the bridal party, mostly on the womenâ™s
side is to bring a different pair of shoes
for the photography portion of the day.
Perhaps a comfortable pair of sandals or some
little slip onâ™s, whatever it might be that
you can be the most comfortable walking around
in. This isnâ™t always necessary but it can
be helpful sometimes especially if weâ™re
walking longer distances or on the beach kind
of around some rocks in some areas that are
a little bit less stable. Some bridal parties
have brought a different pair of shoes like
some comfortable sandals and theyâ™ve been
so happy to have done that, so itâ™s something
to consider depending on the locations that
youâ™re taking your pictures and whether
you might be walking a fair bit or walking
in some uneven areas it could be helpful to
have a different pair of shoes thatâ™s more
comfortable to move around in and just allows
you to feel more comfortable and you know
a little bit looser and not so restricted.
So this is a tip that is worth considering
and something that maybe helpful for you on
your wedding day.
No comments:
Post a Comment