Do You Know the Signs of Stroke?
A new national survey suggests the vast majority
of young adults may not know the signs of
stroke. I'm Gabe Garza with your latest health
news. The survey, conducted by Ronald Reagan
UCLA Medical Center, found that nearly 3 out
of 4 young adults may underestimate the urgency
of stroke symptoms and would likely delay
going to the hospital for help. Stroke can
affect anyone, at any age, at any time. In
fact, since the mid-90's, the number of strokes
affecting patients younger than 45 has increased
by as much as 53 percent. Most patients experience
what is known as ischemic stroke, during which
blood vessels in the brain become blocked,
cutting off oxygen. Some typical symptoms
are dizziness, weakness in one side of the
body, and sudden confusion among others. If
you or someone you know is experiencing any
stroke symptoms, it's important to use the
"F.A.S.T." rule. F.A.S.T. stands for Face
drooping, Arm weakness, Speech difficulty
and Time to call 9-1-1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpdM3mGgXs4
Go Red For Women â„¢ presents: 'Just a Little Heart Attack'
- It started out like
a totally normal day.
(ringing)
(buzzing)
(meowing)
(beeping)
- [Voiceover] Mom!
- Okay, move objection
deadline to the third
line after survey.
(child talking)
Oh honey, for (mumbles)
always use the verb "estar".
What are you doing down there?
Did you finish your breakfast?
Don't hit your brother.
(laughter)
Honey, you have to eat something. Here.
Okay, five minutes to car pool.
Where's my coffee?
- You okay, mom?
- Oh, I'm fine.
Sandwich orders, what do you want?
- Almond butter and jelly.
- Spaghetti.
(groaning)
- You sure you're okay?
- I'm fine, sweetie.
- I am so late. Hey buddy, how you doing?
Hey honey.
You okay?
- Huh? Yeah, I'm fine.
- You sure?
- Oh yeah, yeah.
- Asahi, my favorite.
See you guys later.
- [Son] Bye, daddy.
- Where are your shoes? Put
your shoes back on please.
You know, go help your sister.
(phone ringing)
We're going in three minutes.
Oh my God. What am I doing?
I forgot to cut off the crust.
Voila!
Shoes on, potty if you need it.
Honey, get your sister.
Get her...
- [Son] Are you sure...
(shattering)
- Nobody move!
I'm getting a dustpan.
(banging)
- Mom!
I think you're having a heart attack.
- Honey, do I look like
the type of person who has
a heart attack?
I'm just gonna sit down.
(groaning) I'm totally fine.
Don't forget to wear the high
socks with the shin guards.
- Forget about the shin guards, mom.
(honking)
- Come on, Mrs. Ananag is not gonna wait.
(horn)
Woah.
Okay.
911.
(ringing)
Hi, sorry to bother you.
I think I might be having a
little heart attack. (laughs)
Nothing really, just some nausea,
tightening of the jaw,
dizziness, shortness of breath,
muscle pain, achiness, this
terrible pressure in my chest.
Oh really?
They can be here in how long?
Two minutes?
Can you make it ten?
I thought I had gas.
Turns out I was having a heart attack.
Heart disease is the number
one killer of American women.
Now, I take care of my
heart and tell the women
in my life to do the same.
- Sounds great by the way.
- That's nice sweetie,
but that's not my heart.
That is.
Make it your mission to save
your life, and the lives
of the women you love.
Find out more from the
American Heart Association
at goredforwomen.org.
(gentle music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wmPWTnDbE
No comments:
Post a Comment